I do so much unpaid labor (as most of the worth-while stuff is unpaid), that is easy to forget how much I get done.
This past month,
- I’ve arranged for several repairmen to handle various projects at my home. I paid them, and when I ran out of money, I did it myself.
- I single-handedly painted my kitchen and downstairs bathroom.
- I moved 19 boxes of 30+ pound tile from the store to my living room.
- I purchased/arranged to have dozens of necessary supplies on hand, including $800 of tile underlayment and a new bathroom vanity.
- I’ve cleaned up up countless renovation messes.
- I’ve changed the towel that is catching a small leak under the sink at least twice a day for three days. I’ll continue to do it until our handy-man comes back tomorrow with a piece that fits.
- I’ve continued to keep my little Boo alive and thriving through all of this renovation madness.
- I’ve worked full time, and started two new campaigns for my company.
- I’ve completely redone my professional website, learning certain things from scratch.
- I’ve showered- at least twice.
I’m taking a moment to celebrate finally completing a project that I’ve wanted to do for years- finish the kitchen.
When we moved in, it was like this:
We did a few repairs, and ended up with this:
Now, we have this: